Thinking & Reasoning
Thinking & Reasoning research is about studying higher level cognitive skills such as language and decision making. At Cardiff we investigate a wide range of topic within these areas including argumentation, implications in language, and how causilty affects perception.
Our research is organised into three themes:
- How do we judge whether events are causally related?
- How does causality affect our understanding of the environment?
- What makes a good argument?
- Why do we imply and how do we infer?
- How do we make decisions?
- How can we improve judgment in safety-critical situations?